Thursday 14 September 2017

New Team, Old Tim

MY first game for my new club had a familiar feel to it - I get a slight edge out of the opening against a higher-graded opponent; he runs short of time in the middlegame and offers a draw; I over-rate my position and play on; I too get short of time and the blunders follow.
It's late and I'm off to Bradford tomorrow morning a for a weekend congress, but I hope to post more about the game once I've had a chance to look at it in more detail.
For the moment, here is the position after Black's 20th move, at the point where he offered a draw.
Spanton (169) - Angus French (183), Central London League
Incidentally, we (Battersea) lost the match (against Pimlico Knights) 4-1, and I now have a lifetime score against AF of +2=0-3.

No comments:

Post a Comment