Monday 27 August 2018

Bad Run Prolonged

DREW one game (to a 1704/145) and lost the other (to a 1639/148) in the final rounds today of the Berks & Bucks Challengers.
That meant I lost a further 23.2 elo, bringing my tournament loss to 51.4, which reduces my live rating to 1923.6.
Statistically, this may have been my worst tournament ever, narrowly eclipsing the 50.2 elo I lost at Southend last year.
Major adjustments are going to be needed ahead of 'Paignton' next week.
CORRECTION: It appears from the Berks & Bucks website that I actually lost 52.4 elo, bringing my live rating to 1922.6.
Playing blunder chess AND getting simple maths wrong - I must be tired! Or perhaps I am suffering from a touch of the Tartakowers - the Russian-born, to Austrian parents, grandmaster gave a lecture in which he admitted that, despite his many chess successes, he had never managed to beat a fully healthy opponent (the quote has also been attributed to other masters).

No comments:

Post a Comment