Thursday 25 June 2020

If Not Biel, Then Where?

BIEL'S Special Corona Amateur Tournament runs July 20-29, but at present I am seeing no hints that the UK government is trying to arrange a so-called air bridge with Switzerland.
This is somewhat disappointing in that the Swiss have already said Brits from the UK are free to come and go as they please.
The next congress after Biel on my horizon is the Summer Prague Open, which is a rearranged part of the CzechTour and runs from August 8-15.
CzechTour events are always well run, in my experience, and good value for money, so it is a definite option for me, assuming travel to and from the Czech Republic is feasible (currently the Czechs are stringently restricting who can arrive from the UK, and making most of them quarantine for 14 days).
Britain would seem to be a washout for over-the-board chess until the autumn at the earliest (I hope I am wrong, but I will be surprised if I am).
Perhaps there will be a suitable Spanish tournament before then, but I have not found one.

No comments:

Post a Comment