Wednesday 2 October 2024

In Search of Coffee

SLEPT badly last night, due at least to having had a double-espresso shortly after arriving at Fodele Beach late yesterday afternoon.
That meant I was down for breakfast at first knockings, ie 07:00, which was fine, except proper coffee is not available at the resort until 10:00, when the 'all-day' restaurant opens.
So after breakfast I walked into the hills, up to the village of Fodele, which is about three kilometres (two miles) away.
There were occasional cars, but my main companions came from a flock of goats, with whom I shared the road for part of the way
It was easy walking as the sun had not got above the hills.
Fodele has a surprising number of cafes and shops for such a small village, but I arrived before most opened
I did get an espresso - not from a machine - although the cafe I enjoyed visiting three years ago when I played in the same tournament during covid still had its doors closed.
The sun crept above the hills on my way back, but even then was mostly blocked by unforecast cloud

No comments:

Post a Comment