Thursday 22 November 2018

Battersea Streak Continues

TURNED out on top board this evening for Battersea 3 against TfL (Transport for London) in division two of the Central London League.
I thought I was much better for most of the middlegame, but play eventually petered out into a drawn ending, and I was sure I must have missed a chance - or chances - to gain the upper hand.
Our captain, whose opponent did not show, watched the game quite closely, and he too was convinced I had been much better.
However, having put it into ChessBase, I find the game seems to have never left the drawing margin. Indeed, my main analysis engines, Stockfish9 and Komodo9, reckon my opponent had a slight edge for much of the game - certainly more often than I had an edge.
I will look at the game in more detail tomorrow - it should be a useful learning experience.
MY Battersea unbeaten streak has now reached 17 games.
Updated statistics
Battersea 2018-19
Event...Colour...Grade...Opponent's Grade...Result
CLL.........B.........167................196...............…D

LL...…….B...…...167...………..159...………….D
CLL...…..B...…...167...………..161...………….W
CLL...…..B...…...167...………..190...………….D
LL...…….W...…..167...………..161...………….W
CLL...…..W...…..167...………..148...………….D

CLL...…..W...…..167...………..165...………….W

CLL...…..W...…..167...………..160...………….D
CLL...…..W...…..167...………..159...………….D
Overall this season for Battersea I have scored +3=6-0 for a grading performance of 183.
In season 2017-18 I scored +10=8-9 for a grading performance of 175.

No comments:

Post a Comment