Sunday 24 March 2019

Prize Money

I PICKED up 80 euros at the closing ceremony in Bad Wörishofen after coming fourth-sixth in the U2000 (I was seeded 16th).
Although I have a huge backlog of chess books to read - and an even huger backlog of books to study - I had already spent some of my anticipated prize money on Chess Blueprints - Planning In The Middlegame by Nikolay Yakovlev and  Traps In The Opening - 250 Gambits And Mazes On The Chess Board by András Mészáros.
My purchases
The books were hard to resist as they cost just three euros and one euro respectively from the congress bookstall's discount crates.
*The Bad Wörishofen congress website at chessorg.de has my rating gain as 24 elo, but my calculations confirm it, as stated in yesterday's post, as 32.6.

No comments:

Post a Comment