Friday 5 April 2019

Emergency Board 10

TURNED out for Battersea last night … and ended up in A&E.
I had been experiencing intermittent pain since Monday/Tuesday night, but it intensified towards the end, and especially after, my game last night for Battersea 2 away to Cavendish 3 in division three of the London League.
I dialled NHS 111 as soon as I got home, and was told to get to an emergency treatment centre within the hour.
That meant the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel, and it was gone 3am by the time I got home today.
The doctors are not entirely sure what is wrong, but I have been given a course of antibiotics along with two sets of painkillers.
Unfortunately the hospital pharmacy, which I have been told I must use for my prescription, does not open till 9am, and the hospital early this morning could only give me an antibiotic tablet, which is why I am up typing this instead of sleeping.
To add insult to injury, as it were, my game has been adjourned in what is a lost position … assuming my opponent has found one of two forced mates. But I cannot resign the game as it is possible he has sealed the one plausible continuation that only draws.

No comments:

Post a Comment