Friday 11 September 2020

New ECF RATINGS Are Out

THE English Chess Federation is switching from three-figure grades to four-figure ratings, which will be compatible with Fide elo ratings.
The switch means my ECF grade of 173 is replaced with an ECF rating of 1998, which is a straight conversion using the formula ECF x 7.5 (+700).
So the introduction near the top of my blog now reads:
"I begin this blog after getting back into league chess following many years' absence due to work. My post-job status also means I am able to play more tournament chess. My new club in London is Battersea and my first game for them is on Thursday September 14, 2017. I start with a Fide rating of 1858 and an ECF grade of 169 (=1968 elo). My latest Fide rating (Sep 2020) is 1813; my latest ECF rating (Aug 2020) is 1998."
As can be seen, my ECF rating is considerably different - 185 points - from my Fide rating.
ECF ratings, like Fide ones, should now be updated monthly.

No comments:

Post a Comment