Thursday 2 June 2022

New Congress

AM making final preparations for playing in a new congress.
The first International Chess Festival Colonia de Sant Jordi is being held at the Hotel Blau in southeast Mallorca.
A six-round rapid for players U1800 runs for three days from tomorrow and has 35 entries: U1800.
An IM norm tournament also starts tomorrow, and runs for nine days with 10 players: IM.
I am playing in the U2400, which starts on Saturday and runs for nine days:  U2400.
The line-up in the U2400 is slightly unusual in that the top 15 players are rated 2354-2006, then there is a big gap to me, seeded 16th and rated 1861.

5 comments:

  1. Good luck. I know Keti well so will be rooting for her to win but hope you do well, Kevin, Kevin Winter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Say hi to Keti for me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could easily be playing her in the first round!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you are 馃槀

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was slightly bizarre. I was drawn with black, but on turning up at the board found K-AG sitting on the 'wrong' side of the board. Seems the organisers decided to switch the tournament's colours - no explanation!

    ReplyDelete