Friday 1 October 2021

Down South

AM traveling to the Hampshire town of Fareham today for a six-round Castle Chess congress at the Lysses House Hotel.
I am in the open which, like the major and minor, has six rounds (I have booked a bye for the Saturday evening). The entries can be seen here: https://castlechess.co.uk/Events/?ID=99.
As part of my preparations for this and future tournaments, I visited Primark in London's Oxford Street (the branch nearer Tottenham Court Road) to buy new luggage.
My new bag
As you can see, it cost £24, and is the same model as my previous bag, which is being retired because the wheels have gone (it has effectively become a sled rather than wheeled luggage).
There are minor differences, including the addition of a combination lock that does not appear to lock anything, but remains excellent value.
My previous bag lasted at least five years - it may have been quite a bit longer, but I only have a vague recollection of when I bought it.
Five years may not sound very long, but it got plenty of use as - covid-permitting - I go away every month, and often more than once.

No comments:

Post a Comment