There are nine mostly-morning rounds over nine days, with 50 entries, including two international masters and three Fide masters.
The time control is 40 moves in 90 minutes, a further 30 minutes to finish, and a 30-second increment throughout.
I begin this blog after getting back into league chess following many years' absence due to work. My post-job status also means I am able to play more tournament chess. My new club in London is Battersea and my first game for them is on Thursday September 14, 2017. I start with a Fide rating of 1858, an ECF grade of 169 (=1968 elo) and an ICCF correspondence rating of 2267. My current Fide is 1997, my ECF is 1953 and my ICCF is 2362.
Good luck Tim.
ReplyDeleteBtw, Alicante in Easter next year is being advertised. I suspect you have played it ? If so, where would I find your review on your blog please ?
Kevin W
Hi Kevin. I've not played in their Easter tournament, but I have played several times in their Christmas event, which I presume is run on similar lines. You could search for Negra on my blog, but in summary: university accommodation is good - en suite, with a fridge - and the area, which is some distance from the city of Alicante itself, is quite secular, ie several cafes and bars open (but not supermarkets) on Christmas Day, although Easter Day might be different. University breakfast is OK, but the start time is not early, from what I recall, so on my last visit I was using a cafe.
Delete