Monday 30 April 2018

Good News, Bad News: aka Bad Wiessee (final part)

THE bad news is that I lost my last-round game rather horribly, to a 2148 in 32 moves.
The good news is that the tournament will, after all, count for international ratings, or so the arbiter told me (I cannot find Bad Wiessee registered at Fide, but then again the Fide site is saying that the Jersey tournament, which finished on April 7, has still not been submitted for rating purposes).
Anyway, assuming Bad Wiessee is rated, my elo should go up 46.2pts. [Correction 7/5/18: having worked out the numbers myself, the right figure seems to be +42.8 rather than +46.2]
For those a little less rating obsessed, here is a final pic:
View from the front door of the tournament venue, the Hotel Gasthof zur Post

No comments:

Post a Comment