Saturday 13 July 2019

Pimlico Summery

THE fifth and final rounds of the Pimlico Summer tournaments - open, U150 and U120 - were held on Thursday.
I knew I would be away (at the South Wales International in Bridgend), so I took a half-point bye - permissible if asked for at the start.
This gave me a final score of 4/5, but where this would leave me in the standings was anyone's guess.
Top-board with the white pieces on Thursday was Dominic Gibbs (177), who was on 3.5/4 and was the only player who could overtake me.
But he lost  to Michael St J Brown (166), who was on 3pts and thus finished level with me on 4pts.
Richard Black (188) and Nick Faulks (172), who was the main organiser, could also have caught me as they were both on 3pts, but their game was drawn.
The result is that my score of +3=1-0 (plus a 0.5pt bye) saw me come equal-first with just one other player, and I should be getting £90 in prize money.

No comments:

Post a Comment