Thursday 10 November 2022

Arms Like Pin Cushions

THERE is a famous line in The Blood Donor in which Tony Hancock, boasting of his generosity to charities holding flag days in the street, says words to the effect of: "The lapels on my suits are always the first thing to go."
I feel I could say something similar about my arms after yesterday having a flu shot.
Here is my recent record of vaccinations:

2022
9/11 third annual flu
18/10 second covid booster
15/2 pneumococcal
2021
18/11 first covid booster
26/10 second annual flu
16/5 second covid shot
28/2 first covid shot
2020
14/12 first annual flu

I caught covid early in 2020 and survived apparently unscathed, and so was very much in two minds over whether I should have covid vaccinations.
But I knew countries would make it very difficult to travel without being vaccinated, so I went ahead and have since traveled as freely as just about anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment