Sunday 25 December 2022

Bon Nadal

WALKED into the city of Alicante this morning, stopping for a coffee at about the halfway point. 
Quite a few shops and cafes along the route were open, especially small supermercados. 
However, open places were very much the minority until reaching the seafront, where it seemed every restaurant was determined to do business.
Alicante seafront
It did not take me long to find my favourite haunts from last year, although the place I hoped to have lunch turned out to be closed.
The city used to be well-known for bullfights
Afterwards I walked back to my accommodation, noting it took 70 minutes, despite trying to keep a reasonably fast pace, and had 'Christmas dinner' soaking up the sun outside Bubbles Laundry Bar.
My not-quite-what-I-hoped-for Christmas dinner
Meanwhile, entries to the Dama Negra tournament, which starts at 17:00 tomorrow, have risen to 95.

No comments:

Post a Comment