Friday 23 December 2022

Practical Secrets

TWICE while writing up my games from Benidorm I referred to Secrets Of Practical Chess by John Nunn (Gambit, 1998).
This prompted me to read through the book again - something I have not done for several years.
I was pleasantly surprised to find advice I had forgotten, or perhaps had absorbed subconsciously without realising where it came from.
Memory jerker
Nunn may have written more-important books - he certainly has written more-advanced ones - but I doubt he has written anything as entertaining.
What I had definitely forgotten is a new, enlarged edition of Secrets Of Practical Chess came out last December.
I regard re-reading the edition I have as an early Christmas present to myself. I only wish I were not too mean to splash out on the updated version.

No comments:

Post a Comment