Friday 24 March 2023

North

AM heading north to Northamptonshire today in preparation for weekend four of division four of the Four Nations Chess League.
It is being held at the Mercure hotel in Daventry, but I am unable to stay at the venue as there were no vacancies when I tried to book.
(Rooms usually become free nearer the date as bookings can be cancelled without any fee, which leads to overbooking and the turning away of would-be guests).
Instead of risking having to make a late booking, I have opted to stay at the Watford Gap Days Inn on the M1.
Sunny days, I hope
According to Google Maps, the two hotels are exactly four miles apart by foot, so I should be able to walk it if the weather is OK, although the route includes A and B roads.
However, even if I have to get taxis both ways on the Saturday and Sunday, my stay should work out cheaper than being at the Mercure ... but not so convenient.

No comments:

Post a Comment