Wednesday 13 November 2019

New Mega

THE 2020 edition of ChessBase's Mega database arrived at Chess & Bridge in Baker Street, West London, today, which dovetailed neatly with me visiting the shop this afternoon.
Mega20 has eight million games, including 923 played by me, which is 61 up on last year's 862. As with last year's summary, I score "badly" as White; "below average" as Black. The most-recent games in the database are from mid-October.
Anyone using Mega20 to prepare for me will see my commonest first move is 1.e4, although I score a better percentage with 1.d4, 1.c4 and 1.Nf3.
As Black, the database shows my commonest reply to 1.e4 is 1...e5, but second-choice 1...c5 scores a better percentage. Against 1.d4 I overwhelmingly play 1...d5, and against 1.c4 I usually choose 1...c5.

No comments:

Post a Comment