Saturday 26 March 2022

Tegernsee

FLEW to Munich yesterday afternoon for the 10th Senioren Cup on the shore of Tegernsee, a lake in south Bavaria close to the Austrian border.
I have played in the tournament twice before, when it was held in Bad Wiessee, but this year it has been moved around the lake to a new venue in Rottach-Egern.
Originally I was on the waiting list, with not much hope of playing, but last week, while in Bad Wörishofen, I was told there had been sufficient withdrawals - Germany has experienced a covid spike - to let me participate.
Here is the list of entrants: SC.
My hotel

The spire of Saint Laurentius' church in the distance
 
Lake view

Another lake view

2 comments:

  1. Good luck.Looks like a nice location.Better than Bad Worishofen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. More picturesque, better walking, higher prices.

    ReplyDelete