Saturday 18 February 2023

Street Wise

MOST readers of this blog, I suspect, can remember a time before the internet.
When I was working, the first thing a photographer and I would usually do on reaching a town unknown to us was to buy a street map.
Today drivers have integrated GPS systems, and pedestrians have Google Maps.
I used the latter last night to walk to the Graz congress venue, hoping to find the Friday evening blitz in progress.
All went well, until the app directed me down a dark alley and past a large building site whose security lights flashed on and off as I walked by.
I scrambled up a muddy bank, but had to admit I had reached a dead-end, and so I retraced my steps before any alsatians could find me.
Taking a wide detour, I still found the venue, and was pleased at the playing conditions.
Friday-night blitz

No comments:

Post a Comment