Wednesday 30 August 2023

Early Bird

AM making final arrangements for traveling to Torquay tomorrow for the Riviera congress, which begins on Sunday.
I originally planned going down on Saturday, but train strikes put paid to that.
The good news is my Saturday ticket can be used as early as Thursday, and Trainline, with whom I booked the journey, have arranged a seat reservation on a direct train.
That is effectively an upgrade as my original booking involved changing trains at Castle Cary.
Of course it means I have to pay for two extra nights in a hotel, but you can't win them all.
The congress is split into six five-round sections - three in the morning, three in the afternoon.
I have entered the afternoon open tournament, which is the largest section with 24 entries.
The time limit is all moves in 90 minutes, with a 30-second increment throughout.

No comments:

Post a Comment