Friday 11 August 2023

Travelled Times

ARRIVED safely at my hotel not long after 20:00, although not without a little adventure.
I left home a little later than I intended, only to reach King's Cross and realise I had forgotten my computer.
I was in two minds about whether to go back and risk missing my flight, but it was just as well I did as when I got home I found I had also forgotten my glasses.
The diversion meant I had to buy a new train ticket to get to Luton airport, but I arrived in plenty of time, not least thanks to my Easyjet flight being delayed.
The train from Prague to Olomouc, where the chess starts tomorrow, was packed, and apparently I should have paid for a reservation as well as a ticket.
A guard - there were at least two - sold me a reservation, and I moved to what I thought was my seat, enjoying an evening meal in surprisingly airconditioned comfort.
Turned out I was in first-class, but at least I had finished my meal before I was moved on.
I am now settling into my room at the Flora hotel after stretching my legs with a brief walk around the city centre.
Music night in the main square

No comments:

Post a Comment