Wednesday 1 November 2023

Tegernsee Card

HOTEL guests receive a Tegernsee Card, which entitles the bearer to free travel on local buses, discounts to attractions and, as I understand it, two free journeys on the two ferries that crisscross the lake.
Handy ... in theory
This morning I walked from my hotel to the town of Tegernsee, intending to down an espresso or two and enjoy the bright sunshine.
But as I approached I saw a ferry come into view, and decided to take it to the next stop, which in this case was Bad Wiessee on the other side of the lake.
Unfortunately it turned out my card had not been properly activated.
However the steward issued a ticket anyway, advising me to contact my hotel reception, which I did later. With any luck this will mean I have two free ferry-journeys left.
Bad Wiessee can be seen on the port bow
Looking back to Tegernsee
Passing the other ferry

No comments:

Post a Comment