Thursday 1 July 2021

Summer's Off

WELL, maybe not the whole summer, at least from a chess viewpoint, but the Pimlico summer tournament in London has been cancelled for the second year running..
I have just received the following from organiser Nick Faulks:

First of all, I must thank the many players who indicated that they would have liked to play in a 2021 Pimlico Summer Tournament, and to others who sent helpful responses.
I am reminded that I have failed to report that, following the Government's decision to delay Summer for another month, the decision was taken to abandon hope of putting on this event. I don't imagine this will come as a surprise.
In the light of more encouraging recent developments, I am optimistic that our leagues will take place in 2021/22. Final details are now being confirmed with club captains.

No comments:

Post a Comment