Monday 18 March 2024

Inside The Numbers

MY nine games at Bad Wörishofen threw up some interesting stats.

*Four games finished in 18 moves or fewer, but only one of them was drawn, and that only after a threefold repetition.

*I blundered my queen in consecutive games, with my other loss coming when I allowed a mate-in-two.

*My score of +4=2-3 gained 10.2 elo, whereas last year in the same U2000 tournament I lost 6.2 elo after scoring +5=2-2.

*My first two opponents and my last two had surnames starting with K.

*In round five I played Boris Litfin. It was the fifth time since 2018 we have met in this tournament, and I have won every time, despite being the lower-rated player each year except 2022.

*Both my wins against higher-rated opponents came on the black side of the Vienna: 1.e4 e5 2.Nc3 Nf6.

No comments:

Post a Comment