Saturday 18 May 2019

Same Old Story

PLAYED much too quickly - see posts passim - and blundered horribly today against a 1984 in round eight of the Bad Wiessee Senioren-Cup.
Still, the sun is again shining today, so I can feel another walk coming on.
The walk I promised myself yesterday started as a modest affair in that I intended to just head up to Bad Wiessee's panoramaweg.
But when I got there I saw a sign pointing in the opposite direction to Bauer in der Au at 704m.
Since it was gone lunchtime, and Bauer in der Au was shown as having somewhere to eat, I decided to head that way.
However, subsequent signs had the eating symbol covered, so I switched plans again and headed further up to Aueralm at 1270m.
I knew Aueralm consisted of a single "mountain cabin," as I passed it last year while ascending the Fockenstein (1564m).
Fortunately the cabin was still there, and it only closes on Mondays, so I was able to enjoy lentil soup and a large slice of blueberry cheesecake.
The route I took to Aueralm was different from the one I used last year. This was just as well as, when I tried to go back down via last year's route, I quickly found there was too much snow to be safely traversed when wearing walking shoes without ankle support and having left my walking pole in my hotel room.
Anyway, here are some photos showing scenes on the way up:
Passing under my hotel (behind the copper-coloured tree), the Landhaus am Bergwald


A shrine in the mountains


Last cafe before Aueralm, and it was abandoned

The weather grew threatening at times but I trusted (correctly) in the forecast of no rain



Much of the walk was between close-growing pines, but it opened up on approaching Aueralm

I had to retrace my steps along this bit after taking a 'shortcut' that finished in a dead end

No comments:

Post a Comment