Thursday 16 May 2019

White To Play And Win

GOT crushed today in one of those games where for a long time I was fairly sure I was losing, but felt I was somehow holding on … and then The Bomb dropped.
White to make his 28th move in Peng Kong Chan (IM2129) - Spanton (1880), Bad Wiessee Senioren-Cup round six
*****
*****
*****
*****
*****
*****
*****
*****
28.Qe2
Simple. White's queen steps aside, and there is no way to save Black's queen.
The remaining moves were:
28...Bxf7 29.exf7+ Kh8 30.Be7 1-0
On a more cheerful note, the weather took a turn for the better, with the sun coming out from behind the clouds, and the temperatures creeping into double figures.
I took the chance to walk around part of the Tegernsee lake (yes, I know that strictly speaking "Tegernsee lake" translates as Tegernlake lake) to Rottach, where I am enjoying an espresso and a mineralwasser mit gas (am still off the alcohol after my scare last month: https://beauchess.blogspot.com/2019/04/emergency-board-10.html).
Two photos from the walk (both, alas, without the benefit of the sun being visible):

No comments:

Post a Comment