Thursday 28 December 2023

Location

HOTEL Galaxy is beside the Vistula river, about a 20-minute walk from the main square in old-town Kraków.
I used Google Maps to get there, the shortest route being a series of switchbacks.
The twin towers of St Mary's Basilica in the old town
I doubt I could have found my way back, at least not without internet access, so instead I walked down to the river and turned left.
This took more like 30 minutes, but was much more interesting and much easier.
Meanwhile, the Galaxy bar now has a chess menu, and the price of a half-litre of beer has dropped from 18 zloty (about £3.60) to 14 zloty (about £2.80).
But the wifi is getting worse. Last night I watched, on my laptop, Wolves beat Brentford 4-1, but the wifi was so feeble I only saw one goal live.

No comments:

Post a Comment