Monday 25 December 2023

Poles Apart

AM making final preparations for flying to Poland tomorrow for a tournament in Kraków.
There are eight sections, plus a blitz, and I will be playing in the seniors, which has 38 entries.
The time limit is 40 moves in 90 minutes, a further 30 minutes to finish, and a 30-second increment from move one.
The first four rounds, Dec 27-30, start at 16:00; round five on New Year's Eve is at 08:30, with New Year's Day a free day; rounds six and seven are at 09:00 and 16:00 on Jan 2; round eight on Jan 3 is at 16:00; round nine on Jan 4 is at 09:00.
No doubt there are good reasons for the peculiar schedule, but I hope I am not one of those who fail to turn up for one round or another.
The venue, Hotel Galaxy, is also likely to be the venue for the world senior team championships in July.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck there Tim,and have a good flight
    I didnt know about the tournament
    Its a bit short time for me now to organize it
    It will be only Marienbad for me in january
    Regarts Stef

    ReplyDelete