Sunday 14 July 2024

Blue Is The Colour

ACTING on impulse again, I decided to follow a series of blue-diamond waymarks to see where they would lead.
Rather as with the yellow-diamond route, I quickly gained height on leaving Bad Herrenalb, but on the opposite side of the valley.
Again I did not have insect repellent, and again and I suffered a horsefly bite - a messy one as I swatted my assailant, with a surprising amount of blood spattering (presumably mine).
German cemeteries always seem immaculate
A carving urging people to "Listen"

The route crosses a small river - probably the Gaisbach

Hikers are invited to "dangle" their soul as well as their feet (at least, I think that is what the sign is saying)
Hillsides are steeper than this photo conveys
There is open trail as well as woodland
Another unusual carving

No comments:

Post a Comment