Wednesday 3 July 2024

Spa Chess

AM making final preparations for traveling to the Black Forest tomorrow.
I have entered the Baden-Württemberg Senior Championship, for players born before 1965, which is being held over nine days in the kurhaus of the spa town of Bad Herenalb.
There are 139 entries, with a time control of 90 minutes for 40 moves, followed by 30 minutes to finish, and a 30-second increment throughout.
Friday's first round starts at 16:00, with the remainder at 10:00, except for July 13's final round at 09:30.
There is also a 13-round blitz on Tuesday afternoon, but I will be giving that a miss.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck there Tim,enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's a new tournament for me, and I haven't been to the Black Forest since I was eight, so I am quite excited - but the weather looks as if it will be disappointing ...

      Delete
  2. Fri,mon, and tuesday are good,other days are rainy.it looks nice to travel with a small train trough the blackforrest and stop here and there in a village for a coffee or so.
    I think you got a good time there! but don,t forgets the chess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, chess must be the priority, especially if it's wet - BUT I have a free day at the end, so should be able to get in a good walk on that day, if no other

    ReplyDelete