Thursday 4 July 2024

Getting There (Bad Herrenalb)

FLEW on Ryanair's 13:05 flight from Stansted to Karlsruhe/Baden-Baden.
I was supposed to be met at the latter airport by a taxi booked through Booking.com.
But there was no sign of it when I arrived, and the driver only turned up, after a phone call, more than 15 minutes later.
So much for Booking.com's much-heralded flight tracking.
However, I got to my hotel safe and sound at 17:20 (central European summer time).
My hotel ... about 100 metres from the chess venue

2 comments:

  1. It was hardly worth going home after playing in Bischofsgrün unless something meant you had to. You could have got a direct train from Nürnberg to Karlsruhe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something to remember for next year!
    Bur I would have to be careful as the extra three days inside Schengen would have taken me to the 90-day limit.

    ReplyDelete