Monday 1 July 2024

Summing Up Bischofsgrün

MY score of +2=6-1 in the Upper Franconian Seniors Championship gained 15 Fide elo.
Six draws in a nine-round tournament may be a personal record.
There were no cash prizes, but there were trophies for the first three places ...
... and each competitor received a beach kit consisting of a mini-backpack, large towel and factor-50 sunscreen
TRAVEL TIP: the Nürnberg region has an integrated travel system covering buses, trains and underground.
By buying a ticket online I was able to catch a bus from my hotel to Bayreuth rail station, a train to Nürnberg main station and the underground to Nürnberg airport for 13.42 euros.
The same ticket  bought from VGN machines for about a euro more.
There are two things to watch out for.
Firstly, tickets cannot be bought days in advance as they are valid from the moment of purchase.
However, validity lasts six hours, and the journey takes about 2.5 hours.
Secondly, when I bought my ticket, the website from which I downloaded it for use on my mobile, gave 08:58 as the time of my bus.
Fortunately I knew from speaking to Tourist Information, and from checking at the bus stop, that the correct time was 08:50.
The bus, which was empty, apart from the driver, arrived at 08:47 and, after I and another chess player boarded, sped off immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment