Thursday 17 June 2021

Mountain Man

MY covid test result came while I was having lunch, and proved negative.
After lunch I decided to stretch my legs a little by heading inland again to Fodele village and the Byzantine church I visited yesterday.
But on the way I changed my mind and instead followed a track up into the mountains, passing numerous goats on the way.
This goat rather sensibly stayed out of the midday - well, early afternoon - sun
You do not have to gain a great deal of height to be rewarded with extensive views.
Looking down on the non-private part of Fodele beach
We have now finished the seven-round all-play-all section of group C of the Amateur Chess Organization's world senior championship (each round included a one-point bye).
Here are the standings:

1. Tomasz Sielicki  1938 (POL) 6pts (18.5 tiebreak)
2. Timothy Spanton 1998* (ENG) 4.5pts (13.25)
3= Martin Schaefer 1929 (GER) 4.5pts (11.5)
3= Rudy Van de Wynkele 1908 (BEL) 4.5pts (11.5)
5. Suresh Jhunjhnuwala 1870 (USA) 3pts (8)
6. Curt Zimmermann 1890 (AUT) 3pts (5.5)
7. Peter Menzinger 1938 (GER) 2.5pts (6.75)
*ECF rating - all other ratings are Fide

The final two rounds, tomorrow and Saturday, will be played as a swiss, which presumably means I will meet Sielicki in round eight.

No comments:

Post a Comment